People go mad for the Starbucks and Costa Coffee festive drinks – the Toffee Nut Latte, the Lindt Hot Chocolate, the Eggnog Latte and, my personal favourite, the Fudge Hot Chocolate from Starbucks.
My sister and I decided to try and make the ultimate Christmas hot chocolate today. Here’s what we did, what we used and the results which I can confirm were delicious!
- Measure out around a pint of milk into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir continuously until frothy. Be careful here because it will boil over, once it starts frothing up you have to quickly pull it off the heat!
- Once the milk is nice and frothy, add a generous tablespoon of Nutella and stir.
- Bring the hot chocolate back to the boil, then turn off the heat.
- Pour into Christmas-sy mug.
- Top and decorate with whipped cream, mini marshmallows, golden sprinkles and a dusting of cinnamon.
And here’s how ours turned out! I hope you can follow my probably rubbish instructions okay and that you can make your own Christmas hot chocolate!
Top tip from my sister whilst we’re here – when you’ve finished a jar of Nutella and are left with only a few smears in the jar, that you can’t get to, fill the jar with hot milk, put the lid back on and shake it well. Then pour into a mug and enjoy!